Saturday 21 October 2006

Bats, strawberries and friends....

Three things....

1. Bats - although when they take off the noise freaks me out a little (it sounds like someone running) i think it is cool to have them come and nibble in the palm trees out the front of my house.

2. The fruit and vege market - for 32 bucks i got 9 kilos of apples, 6 punnets of strawberries, 7 continental cucumbers, 2 pumpkins, 4 heads of garlic, 2kg of carrots, 1.5kg of peaches and 5kg of the yummiest tomatoes ever. What a bargain and the kids thought it was christmas with all those strawberries - they each had a punnet to themselves when they got home from school yesterday. Luxury!!

3. Friends - I have lots of friends - for every little thing - every event, moment or crisis. I am so blessed. Thank you all. MWA

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I will have to go to the market....for $5 at woolies you get 3 bruised apples and thats it!

Jen said...

Exactly - 9.30 - 10.30 on fridays it is open to the public.

wykd wytch said...

We live on fruit and veges. Sounds good.

Unknown said...

yes, think i will make the effort next friday........

Cyndy said...

That's a lot of fruit that would rot at our house......

Jen said...

I did share a bit of it around - a couple of kilos of apples and some of the cucumbers. The strawberries didnt get away though....
Dont forget a trolley or something, its all heavy.

Michelle said...

Turquoise blue and dark earthy red and purple with beads and feathers and bells and stuff!
I have a car
I have a car
I have a car

Jen said...

yay!!
yay!!
yay!!