Saturday 7 March 2009

A poem and a shock

I received this through the Kaleidosoul SoulCollage Yahoo board.

It speaks to me and I wanted to share it with you.

FOR A NEW BEGINNING

In out-of-the-way places of the heart,

Where your thoughts never think to wander
this beginning has been quietly forming,
waiting til you were ready to emerge.

For a long tiem it has watched your desire,
feelign the emptiness growing inside you,
noticing how you willed yourself on,
still unable to leave what you had outgrown.

It watched you play with the seduction of safety,
and the grey promises that sameness whispered,
heard the waves of turmoil rise and relent,
wondered would you always live like this.

Then in delight, when your courage kindled,
and you stepped onto new ground,
your eyes young again with energy and dream,
a path of plentitude opening before you.

Though your destination is not yet clear,
you can trust the promise of this opening,
unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning,
that is one with your life's desire.

Awaken your spirit to adventure

Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk,
soon you will be home in new rhythm,
for your soul senses the world that awaits you.

From Benedictus: A Book of Blessings
By John O'Donohue




Am in disbelief this morning to hear that Melbourne was rocked by an Earthquake last night. I have no words. Just shaking head. It was apparently mild enough to not have caused much damage, but still, the main damage would have been done to peoples psyche's.

One month ago today since the bushfires in Victoria.

Please send healing thoughts to our sisters and brothers in the south east of Australia who must be reeling in shock.


Am off to the cottage this morning to see what bargains i can find at the Garage Sale.

Have a nice weekend .

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Shocker for sure.

Those words were absolutely beautiful, Jen. Spoke to me as well. :D

Thanks, love.xx♥

Unknown said...

i ama bargain, am i not ?

Wendy said...

Do our thoughts never think to wander there or do we turn a blind eye to them while they are forming to allow them to grow in strength so that when we finally do acknowledge them they have so much behind them that they cannot be denied?

Yes, I think these words have great resonance with me as well. Thank you for sharing!

Silver said...

i have enjoyed visiting your blog today. Infact i enjoy reading some thoughts about raising children as well.. :) Someone said, they will come around when they have their own children..then they become one of us.

Silver said...

btw.. we have a blog that has the same title!

But you're welcome to visit me at Reflections too!

smiles!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Love this: "Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk,"

I am so out of touch right now - I didn't know there was an earthquake - and on top of everything else ....!

Anonymous said...

Jen, the poem was wonderful, and exactly what I needed to hear at this time in my life. I think that I would like to copy it if that is okay???

Oh my...my darling friend Simone lives just outside of Melbourne. I am so saddened by all of the disaster that part of the world has recently sustained. My prayers go out to everyone!
xoxoxo