Thursday 9 April 2009

Thursday

Was spent driving... oh, and working.

Have not finished driving yet... and the time is 9.41pm. Still have to pick up eldest from work at Maccas.

Have had a good day today. A lot of grief was felt yesterday. I recognised the signs and I guess it is partly the hopes and dreams I have had for her that I was grieving. I was having a hard time vaulting over my fear of her motivationlessly sitting watching telly for the rest of her life to see what was on the other side. I am still concerned about her tendency towards laziness, but can see that there are many many options open to her, school is not the only one as was so beautifully presented to me yesterday.

I must try to get some level of control over that... my tendency to panic at the first sign of the boat going off course.... I used to be such a 'fly by the seat of my pants' kind of girl. Now I am just an uptight old control freak I think. Sad really.

Communication lines have been cracked open, and she has indicated that she might like to further her education at TAFE, or look into it anyway. Promising. Excellent.


Another situation to manouver through.

Will do what we need to do.

Of course....


I am looking forward to a time in my life when I can just sit back and coast for a while. I know, no pain without growth and no growth without pain. But still. Coasting just for a while would be really really nice. Sigh.



IN other news...

School holidays start today.

Oh, am sooo looking forward to a couple of weeks without the structured morning routines. The having to be organised. The cracking the whip to get everyone out the door on time. Love that bit.


The moon. I am her biggest fan. (yes, the title is mine). Here is a picture I took this evening. I enhanced it a bit... but still does not compare with Mother Nature in all her glory. And she was SPECTACULAR this evening.


Happy Easter to all. May the bunny come along and leave chocolate droppings all over your lawn.

Just then I recieved St Theresa's prayer - a good one to remember. Here it is

May today there be peace within you. May you trust that you are
exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinate
possibilities that are born of faith in youself and in others. May you use
the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been
given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let
this knowledge settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing,
dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.


Oh yes.

On that note, will sign off.

Hugs and love to you my sisters.

10 comments:

Dave King said...

Yup, no need to panic when the boar starts to go off course; only when it starts to go down. Then panic!

Unknown said...

good girl- this sister loves you- especially that five minutes each week when you are NOT crying xx

Jen said...

LISA!!! Thank you, but I have told you a million times not to exaggerate!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post - glad that things are going in the right direction for your daughter.
Love the prayer!
Happy Easter to you and yours!

Cyndy said...

I love this prayer, Jen. It's so sensible, really.

Enjoy the holidays. I have always loved the freedom that comes with the removal of the shackles of structure.......

xoxoxoxox

Pseudo said...

I also feel so responsible for getting my kids on their path and moving along. I take it very personally when I cannot help them work through a personal challenge or feel that one of them has run off course.

I think I might be in the top ten lovers of the moon...

Kathie said...

Such a gorgeous picture of the moon and beautiful prayer too xxxx

Myst_72 said...

Open Learning.

I couldn't think of what it's called the other day.
Z17's teachers suggested it as an option for him to complete grade 12 part time. Not suitable for his IT course though really.

Outstanding photo Jen ♥

G
xxx

Sarah Lulu said...

I love that prayer so much. Thank you. Many blessings on your Easter.

Delwyn said...

Hi Jen,
get all the information you can for your daughter about all her options, talk through them when she's in the mood, and let her come to some conclusion. Maybe the school guidance officer and counsellor will be helpful. We had a set rule that all kids no matter what their grades would complete yr 12, but I know that some kids just can't do it. They still have to learn that there comes a time when they are responsible and it's either school, study or work... thats life. you learn then you work...there is no easy way.
There are also many courses that the school can arrange for kids to do outside of school. Have you looked into those? I think you need to be tough but not create an impasse and cause a rift in your relationship. One of ours went and did an apprenticeship when he was 25... knowing then that he had to get some qualification if he wanted to go anywhere. They are all different, but the big thing is knowing your options.