1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Um this is a hard one..... might have to do something in the next week or so.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I DID!!! And it was the NYR that i have made for many years now. I GAVE UP SMOKING!! yay me
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Nat did.... and i dont envy her - i would rather chew off my own arm rather then give birth at this stage of my life.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but my older half brothers mother died, does that count??
5. What countries did you visit?
Let's see, there was Mexico, China, Norway, Germany, Italy, America, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. Ok, Im lying... i didnt go anywhere this year
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
I should probably have some great, profound moments that are indelibly written on my brain, but alas not, sorry.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving up smoking. excellent
9. What was your biggest failure?
My diet. I still weigh about as much as a Sumatran Rhino.
10. Did you suffer from injury or illness?
Not me personally, but we did have the whole stitches drama last month...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new computer... still tweaking it though
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Celebration?? cant think on anyones, please see number 13
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
do i really need to spell this one out.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I dont remember being more then just excited, without the 'really's'.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
I don't listen to music too much. I may be the only person in the country who doesn't own an MP3 player. I really don't know, but I'll tell you what song reminds me of 1975
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
sadder, same weight, richer (thanks kevin).
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
housework (not really)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
housework (not really)
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Lunch at our place with assorted rellies, and chaos abounds!
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
I dont spend much time on the phone... I used to, but not anymore.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
Lets see..... now thats one, four, seven ....... thinking.... KIDDING - None!!
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Gossip Girl - trashy i know.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Everything by Fiona McIntosh
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
"Musical discovery"? Like the time I discovered the lost symphony of Beethoven buried beneath that old church in Germany? What the heck is a musical discovery? Are they asking if I'm responsible for discovering any major talent?
28. What did you want and get?
milk and bread
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
I havent really watched any movies this year. Sorry
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Really?? It was in August and I was 43. I dont remember what I did though. I know i did go out for coffee and lunch several times.....
32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Nothing I wear could be considered a 'fashion concept'.
34. What kept you sane?
ROFL! Oh that's a good one! Me, sane! Hee hee hee!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None really - I still love Guy Pierce in a frock, but that was soooooo lastyear...
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics isnt my thing...
37. Who did you miss?
I missed the old me - the one who was carefree and happy....
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I have met HEAPS of people this year - I dont want to single anyone out - I loves ya all
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
dont listen to harmful and nasty criticism
i am unique and neccessary
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"nobody knows the rhythm of my heart"