Friday 26 December 2008

its over...

phew

thank goodness for that


I always get really really pissed off at christmas by now - it is just such a shamelessly brazen consumer spendfest. Even in times of hardship. It is all about how much you spend. Even if it isnt about that - opc's make it that. And make kids who were happy with what they had, because it was what they wanted, feel bad because they didnt get 'a pile that was bigger then me!!'.


I always try to not get over excited and walk the line between getting enough to make it special, yet not too much to overindulge them....

enuf


well, as 2008 draws to a close my thoughts go, as they usually do at this time of year to the year that was and specuate on the what next year will bring. I am in a nine year, so still expect some clearing out changes and finishing up ready to start a new cycle on my birthday next year..... honour what was....

in my head a lot lately.... honour what is... honour what was..... honour her.... honour him.....

goes hand in hand with gratitude really, doesnt it.

tomorrow i am going to a family reunion. very exciting. its my dads side of the family - cant wait. my dad was born in 1918 (died 1985) and was one of five children. I was born when my father was 47 so my cousins are, on the most part, old enough to be my mum or dad and so its my cousins kids that i relate to more. We have never been a close family - so should be good to meet them tomorrow - excellent.

oh well, better go now and get some shut eye - gotta hit the shops for supplies before we go.....

love and hugs
jen
xoxo

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Too excellent! Have a great day.xxoo

P.s. I guess by "before" I meant my younger times, when things were not complicated by all the dysfunction of my parents divorce etc. Will talk later about this when sillness is all over:)