Monday, 29 January 2007
We had a really good time, and we even made it home after almost being killed 3 times within 5 minutes on Pennant Hills Road Sydney.
Cowra is a great town, I really liked it. We went to the Japanese Gardens for a little look-see. They must have heard we were coming because they drained the main pond to clean it for us, but obviously some unforseen drama occurred and they didn't get it filled in time before we got there - I'm sure they were mega embarrassed about that.
All in all, a great time was had by all - i am just hanging for 10 weeks time when she comes back to Newy for a holiday. Yay, cant wait.
Back to school tomorrow for one out of three. The two high school girls go back on wednesday. I should have been working at school tomorrow but find out today that numbers have dropped and they are unsure of funding so i may not have a job there anymore. Bummer. I am choosing to believe that the window of opportunity that created the position for me in the first place has closed, and a door will soon burst open, bringing with it new possibilities for advancement.....
So in the mean time, am making the most of it and getting out and enjoying myself....
News hot off the press.... Helen Adams, who is speaking at The Cottage on Wednesday evening, has written a book, it is back from the publishers for proof reading. She has asked me to do it for her... with 5 planets in Virgo, who could be better for the job then me??? I start tommorrow... wish me luck. Hmmmm, reading for a living.... I think I could really cope with that!!
Ok, will go and try to finish cleaning up... chat soon
Thursday, 25 January 2007
Wednesday, 24 January 2007
I finally finished the website that i am being paid to create..... phew. What a mission. 50 pages and 671 photographs.... and with the graphic art i made to go on it.... I am SO glad that is over.
Plus getting organised for our trip to the outback to see Pickydilli, the Viking and offspring. I am a List. Well, i am almost a list, I am a few lists really.
Will try to blog more coherently tomorrow.
Am going to bed now.... just wanted to put up a few words to say i am alive and well and still here. Although the school holidays are kinda getting beyond a joke!! whatever were they thinking when they thought of 6 weeks in a row!!! Pft.
Sunday, 21 January 2007
Friday, 19 January 2007
Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative.
I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?" She hit me.
How come we choose from just two people to run for prime minister and over fifty for Miss Australia?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow...that was fun!"
I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!
When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping," now I just "chunky dunk."
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?
Wouldn't you know it...Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FAT cells live forever.
Thursday, 18 January 2007
My mum took my younger two to them movies this morning, I drove them out, mainly because I dont really trust her driving skills. She is Mrs McGoo for sure. Her heart is definitely in the right place but Mrs McGoo nevertheless. Airlie and I wandered around Glendale, picking up bargains here and there. A funny thing happened in Target. Airlie as a two year old LOVED the wiggles. Not unusual i hear you say, but her idol was Dorothy the dinosaur. We have lots of videos of her singing D-O-R-O-T-H-Y- Dorothy the Dinosaur.... etc. We are walking around today and who should come around the corner, larger then life, Dorothy herself. So a total kodak moment. Took a pickie with my camera phone of her and the green dinosaur with a lovely white hat and wouldnt you guess it, Blogger will not post pictures again. Bugger.
Back home and into the pool for a couple of hours. I was a bit worried about putting my newly formed hole into the water, so I kept my head up and my mouth closed. May be a surprise to some but still.... I managed. It was lovely and cool and when i had had enough, i got the camera and took lots of pictures of summer swimming fun of the kids.
Totally a pickie kind of day. Looking forward to another good nights sleep, last night was the best sleep i have had in weeks. Maybe because I dont have the dentist visit looming over my head.
Wednesday, 17 January 2007
As you all knew i would. I knew too but i allowed past experiences to colour my expectations and totally freak me out.
I went in there clutching my little talismans. A tiny angel statue which is inscribed with the word 'Faith', a 10c piece given to me by a healer friend that he was using to send me healing and a bottle of Emergency Essence which i squirted in every 3 mins or so.
Turns out that the lovely little asian dentist guy was super cool, super quick, super clever and from when he grabbed the pliers til he shoved cotton wool in the hole was about 2 minutes. What a clever guy. When it was all over the tears of relief just ran down my face and they had to leave me in the chair for 10 minutes to get myself together. They were very kind. Even though they got me mixed up with someone else who has the same name as me....
Anyway, thanks heaps for all your support. It would have been a lot harder if i didnt have your comments running through my head.
Am going to take some more drugs to dull the ache now.
Luv the toothless hag
Tuesday, 16 January 2007
Thanks for your concern, am ok. Better tonight then last night. Am sorry for being such a baby, but i had horrific experiences at the hands of trainee dentists when i was a child at Ncle Hospital dental clinic. So bad that i have totally avoided all contact with them, only to get a tooth pulled. This is my fourth one, by the way, the only teeth i have had filled are the same four. This is the last one to come out of the four. They are my 6year old molars. My brother drowned when i was 6. He was revived, but was treated like the 'chosen one' by my mother thereafter (he still is really, 35 years later). I am wondering if this is what happened to all my 6yo molars. It is the only thing i can think of that happened at about that age.
Never mind. I am strong. I am protected. I am loved. I will survive this. After all, i have survived the birth of 3 children, i can survive this. I am probably being a bit silly, but we all have our issues dont we. I will have a giant bucket of Emergency Essence to see me through!!!
Monday, 15 January 2007
Having a rather ordinary day, along with lots of others. It is very quiet in bloggsville.
Am tired with intermittent panic attacks about my trip to the dentist in 36 hours time. Trying not to think about it but every time I do my stomach sinks to my feet. I am being a big wuss I know. There are countless people out there dealing with stuff far worse then me.... gulp.
Going now to try and keep my mind busy.
Sunday, 14 January 2007
Well I really lead a boring existence... one day kinda blurs into another. Another weekend is over now and it is only three more sleeps til i go to the dentist. Have been using a lot of positive thinking about the subject, but am still shitting myself (hey, just being honest). I promise i will not use any flimsy excuse to postpone it again. But if a REALLY good excuse comes along.... well.... just kidding.
I surf around the blogs a bit and there is a lot of gratitude going on out there, not only amongst the Mary's. Lots of lists. I have a bit of trouble blogging these lists because the things i would like to put on the said list make me feel a little silly. It is my blog though, and i can write whatever i damn well please.... if thats ok with you... kidding again.
So in my struggle to come up with something interesting to read, and write, here is the list of things i have been grateful for today....
- beautiful cool weather. Perfect sunny, cool day. My absolute favourite kind of day bar none. Warm enough to get around in skirt and top, warm enough for the mad kids to swim in the pool, cool enough at night to sleep comfortably.... aaaahhhhh.
- Neighbourhood children. Who have lots more electronic equipment then my children. I know it is very selfish, but because they all have more playstation games etc then all the kids in the street congregate at their house. They do come here sometimes, but usually my kids are out there for the day.... only coming back to eat.... bliss. (I love my kids i really do, but school holidays is a bit of the too-muchies sometimes)
- A popcorn maker from Coles for $14.99. The kids just think it is WONDERFUL. I actually hate popcorn, it gets stuck in my remaining teeth and I just cant cope with it, but the kids love it. And its healthy. And its cheap. Although i have been through a bag of popping corn in two days. Must go tomorrow and buy more.
- Foxtel - flicked over to channel 3 and all they had on was #$%*ing cricket. I love foxtel. I hate cricket. (I also do NOT get channel 7 or 10, even after the captain visited, plurgh.)
- My computer. Along with that, my internet connection. With the world at my fingertips. My friends just a click away. I feel FAR less isolated. I dont know what i would do if I couldnt read blogs, check out ebay, scroll around reading interesting info, finding beautiful pictures, I know you know all about this one.....
- My sense of humour. Today has been one of those days. Gotta find the funny side or.... I dont know what.....
- Some coloured pencils and a sketch pad..... and an old leather folder designed for a diary that i put them in. Schmick.
Hmmmm - am struggling now. List over i think.....
Think I might go and change the colours of my blog - just because I can.....
Have been having lots of dreams lately too. Blasts of cosmic energy, flowing right down through my chakras. Other people have been getting blasts of healing, as well as myself. Not only healing, but lots of information, that I feel is just at my fingertips when i awaken. I just wish i could remember them. Im sure i do on some level.
Well thats all i can think of right now.
Will try to be more interesting next time...
Wednesday, 10 January 2007
Life is non eventful.
Did some housework today in preperation for the onslaught of 2 stinking hot days. Will be hot, tired and irritable for sure.
Cleaning the pool today and fell in, frock, spectacles and all. Thank god/ess that i didnt have my mobile or anything of value on me. That was about the extent of my excitement for today. Unless you count dust bunnies. Im not counting them by the way.
Getting excited for dear 'Chell for tomorrow. She will be one independently mobile type non bussing mary for sure. Least she will get another crack at a more attractive licence photo.
I have to take a kid for an allergy test tomorrow. Dr thinks she may be allergic to chlorine!! That would totally suck for sure. She is a majorly water oriented pisces type kid. Lets just hope he is wrong. Might ask them to allergy test me. I know some things that would definately come up as positive - school holidays, housework, cooking, teenagers, dentists and cockeroaches for sure.
Speaking of dentists, i had an appointment for friday to get my broken tooth yanked out. Watched the weather channel last night before i went to bed, just out of curiosity. FRIDAY IS GOING TO BE 38 DEGREES. I had a major panic attack. Couldnt breathe. Started to cry. I DO NOT cope with the heat. I also do NOT cope with going to the D word. Combine the two and i could see myself hitting the floor for sure. Made the cowardly decision this morning and rang and postponed the appointment til next wednesday. I know, I know, i am a wuss. Too late, it is done now. Now i have to suffer anticipation for an extra 5 days. Whhhaaaaaaaahhhh. (thats me crying in case you didnt understand).
Oh well, someone had better go and clean the kitchen up of post evening meal debris. Fairies must be on strike so i guess it will be me. Husband is sitting glued to Joey Johns playing 20/20 cricket on the telly. Very important stuff.
Monday, 8 January 2007
It has been a pretty non eventful few days.
My soul sister and i went for a little drive into town yesterday arvo and spent a small fortune between us on back to school supplies at officeworks. Had a huge laugh though, we manage to laugh at anything when we are together.
She has gone home now... sniff sniff. I will miss her... COME BACK !!!
We are going down to Cowra for a couple of days at the end of the holidays so will have to be content with that.
I had a lovely peaceful time at the Spiritualist Church last night. Kaia was excellent as usual. She speaks and reads from the heart, its obvious to all. I dont get in there much anymore so it was nice to have a little quiet hour or two in the peace in there, specially in the middle of the school holidays.
I honestly cant think of anything interesting to say. 'Cept i got 6 packs of fruit mince pies from coles this arvo for $1 a pack. I LOVE fruit mince pies. They are not the best i have tasted but still, for 17c each, who could complain.
Am going to go and try to get an early night. I have not been in bed before 1am for a few nights now and am starting to feel the effects.
love to all
Sunday, 7 January 2007
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 notes.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May your clothes smell of success like smoking tyres, may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.
May the problems you had forget your home address!
In simple words........... May 2007 be the best year of your life!!!
Saturday, 6 January 2007
Tuesday, 2 January 2007
The tradition of making New Year's resolutions dates back to the Babylonians, who believed that one's behavior on the first day of the year would have an effect for the following 12 months.
Eventually, making resolutions turned into a reflection on past mistakes and a vow to do better in the future. Whatever the origins, people have been breaking them ever since!
Thankfully, we can use astrology to make and keep our New Year's resolutions. By knowing the best time for losing weight, getting rid of a bad habit, or changing your behavior, you vastly increase your chance of success! And who says the best time is January 1? To find out the right dates for making important changes, your best bet is a comprehensive yearly forecast.
Meanwhile, here are some resolutions to consider, depending on your Sun Sign:
(March 20 - April 19)
1) Resolve to have The Talk about monogamy. Depending on how that goes, consider:
2) Cohabitation. Maybe even the Big M. Oh, don't be scared. Lots of Aries get married and survive. Happily, even.
3) Schedule some long-distance travel in spring or early summer. It's good to expand your horizons, and you're due.
4) In September, demand the raise and promotion you deserve - no desk-pounding, but no backing down, either.
5) End 2007 with some serious house-hunting.
(April 20 - May 20)
1) Resolve to let go of the personal duties that have had you tied down for far too long.
2) Aim to have some fun (you remember that, right?) with an intimate companion.
3) In spring, resolve to look into good, solid investments.
4) Take your special someone on a romantic vacation.
5) If all goes well, talk about settling down by this time next year.
(May 21 - June 20)
1) You've felt stuck, and you're sick of it. Your top resolution is to stop pretending to enjoy what you don't - including the company of that coworker who's been undermining you.
2) That relationship issue you've been stalling? Stop stalling. Make it or break it.
3) If relocating for work is an option, go for it.
4) By October, end that argument with your sibling or neighbor.
5) Plan to be in your own home by the holidays.
(June 21 - July 21)
1) Organize your finances. Right away.
2) In March, repair your relationship with an estranged loved one, possibly a sibling.
3) Ask for that promotion. You know you've earned it. Then:
4) Don't wait too long before you mention that raise.
5) In fall, sign up for the class or a certification program that will make your resume even more impressive!
(July 22 - August 22)
1) Serious? Yep. Lately, anyway. So first, resolve to enjoy life again.
2) Aim for romance, romance, and more romance, from June through September.
3) Choose one of those playmates and have a real, live relationship by November.
4) Turn your most-loved hobby into a part-time income, at least.
5) Make it the way you earn your daily bread by the time you hang the mistletoe.
(August 23 - September 22)
1) Contemplate your worst habit. Resolve to get rid of it.
2) Find someone to share your deepest secrets with.
3) If family squabbles are hurting your relationships, be the one to restore the harmony.
4) Somehow negotiate peace between your sweetie and your relatives.
5) Work less. (Oh, stop worrying. You've got a whole year…)
(September 23 - October 22)
1) Stop - immediately, now - trying to be all things to all people. It's impossible, and it's stressing you out.
2) Cut loose the neediest of the needy, between January and March. You'll be doing them a favor.
3) Revive (or initiate) the intimacy between you and your sweetie.
4) In August and September, continue to convince everyone (but your partner) to live without you, and focus on your career.
5) Allow yourself to gloat - just a tad. And buy yourself a reward. Yes, really.
(October 23 - November 21)
1) Career. Work on it, totally, unflinchingly, straight through September.
2) Aim to make a certain higher-up notice more than your memos, between June and October.
3) By early fall, set your sights on that long-distance trip you've been yearning for but keep making excuses about.
4) Sign up for that class you've been thinking about.
5) Make this the year, from start to finish, that you're no longer afraid to let your light shine!
(November 22 - December 20)
1) Fun has never been a problem. During August and September, resolve to show the higher-ups the brains behind that humor everyone loves.
2) Get even more serious about your short-term goals by fall.
3) Don't deny yourself that new experience you've been craving, be it a trip or a class.
4) Make nice-nice with your family. March might be best. (No faces, now.)
5) Aim to make yourself happy by becoming really, truly intimate with someone.
(December 21 - January 18)
1) Allow true intimacy into your romantic relationships.
2) Open up your friendships to deeper trust.
3) Let new, fiery acquaintances enter your life in time to motivate you.
4) In September, your creativity will reach its peak, in time for you to resolve to accept any opportunity to make your hobby your work.
5) Allow yourself to believe in yourself - as much as others do.
(January 19 - February 17)
1) Say goodbye to relationships that have taken more from you than they've given. Enough.
2) Encourage your friends to do the same.
3) Eliminate any encounter - romantic, professional or familial - that brings negative feelings into your life.
4) Allow real closeness into your life.
5) Let that first New Year's kiss signify the start of a truly intimate partnership.
(February 18 - March 19)
1) Aim to change one thing, in several life departments. Start with your primary relationship, by March.
2) Work on career and professional interactions during August and September.
3) Once fall arrives, let personal matters take a back seat to long-term financial issues.
4) Aim to help a loved one by the end of September.
5) Allow yourself to share secrets you've never shared before - as a holiday gift to your special someone.
In case you were wondering, the top resolution for the Babylonians was to return borrowed farm equipment!
Monday, 1 January 2007
I dont make New Year's resolutions anymore but am sitting pondering
There is more but i will leave it for now. I want to say THANK YOU to all of my new blogging friends - and em ah I luvs ya all!!