Found this on the net - thought it was amusing and interesting and thought i might share it with you....
The tradition of making New Year's resolutions dates back to the Babylonians, who believed that one's behavior on the first day of the year would have an effect for the following 12 months.
Eventually, making resolutions turned into a reflection on past mistakes and a vow to do better in the future. Whatever the origins, people have been breaking them ever since!
Thankfully, we can use astrology to make and keep our New Year's resolutions. By knowing the best time for losing weight, getting rid of a bad habit, or changing your behavior, you vastly increase your chance of success! And who says the best time is January 1? To find out the right dates for making important changes, your best bet is a comprehensive yearly forecast.
Meanwhile, here are some resolutions to consider, depending on your Sun Sign:
(March 20 - April 19)
1) Resolve to have The Talk about monogamy. Depending on how that goes, consider:
2) Cohabitation. Maybe even the Big M. Oh, don't be scared. Lots of Aries get married and survive. Happily, even.
3) Schedule some long-distance travel in spring or early summer. It's good to expand your horizons, and you're due.
4) In September, demand the raise and promotion you deserve - no desk-pounding, but no backing down, either.
5) End 2007 with some serious house-hunting.
(April 20 - May 20)
1) Resolve to let go of the personal duties that have had you tied down for far too long.
2) Aim to have some fun (you remember that, right?) with an intimate companion.
3) In spring, resolve to look into good, solid investments.
4) Take your special someone on a romantic vacation.
5) If all goes well, talk about settling down by this time next year.
(May 21 - June 20)
1) You've felt stuck, and you're sick of it. Your top resolution is to stop pretending to enjoy what you don't - including the company of that coworker who's been undermining you.
2) That relationship issue you've been stalling? Stop stalling. Make it or break it.
3) If relocating for work is an option, go for it.
4) By October, end that argument with your sibling or neighbor.
5) Plan to be in your own home by the holidays.
(June 21 - July 21)
1) Organize your finances. Right away.
2) In March, repair your relationship with an estranged loved one, possibly a sibling.
3) Ask for that promotion. You know you've earned it. Then:
4) Don't wait too long before you mention that raise.
5) In fall, sign up for the class or a certification program that will make your resume even more impressive!
(July 22 - August 22)
1) Serious? Yep. Lately, anyway. So first, resolve to enjoy life again.
2) Aim for romance, romance, and more romance, from June through September.
3) Choose one of those playmates and have a real, live relationship by November.
4) Turn your most-loved hobby into a part-time income, at least.
5) Make it the way you earn your daily bread by the time you hang the mistletoe.
(August 23 - September 22)
1) Contemplate your worst habit. Resolve to get rid of it.
2) Find someone to share your deepest secrets with.
3) If family squabbles are hurting your relationships, be the one to restore the harmony.
4) Somehow negotiate peace between your sweetie and your relatives.
5) Work less. (Oh, stop worrying. You've got a whole year…)
(September 23 - October 22)
1) Stop - immediately, now - trying to be all things to all people. It's impossible, and it's stressing you out.
2) Cut loose the neediest of the needy, between January and March. You'll be doing them a favor.
3) Revive (or initiate) the intimacy between you and your sweetie.
4) In August and September, continue to convince everyone (but your partner) to live without you, and focus on your career.
5) Allow yourself to gloat - just a tad. And buy yourself a reward. Yes, really.
(October 23 - November 21)
1) Career. Work on it, totally, unflinchingly, straight through September.
2) Aim to make a certain higher-up notice more than your memos, between June and October.
3) By early fall, set your sights on that long-distance trip you've been yearning for but keep making excuses about.
4) Sign up for that class you've been thinking about.
5) Make this the year, from start to finish, that you're no longer afraid to let your light shine!
(November 22 - December 20)
1) Fun has never been a problem. During August and September, resolve to show the higher-ups the brains behind that humor everyone loves.
2) Get even more serious about your short-term goals by fall.
3) Don't deny yourself that new experience you've been craving, be it a trip or a class.
4) Make nice-nice with your family. March might be best. (No faces, now.)
5) Aim to make yourself happy by becoming really, truly intimate with someone.
(December 21 - January 18)
1) Allow true intimacy into your romantic relationships.
2) Open up your friendships to deeper trust.
3) Let new, fiery acquaintances enter your life in time to motivate you.
4) In September, your creativity will reach its peak, in time for you to resolve to accept any opportunity to make your hobby your work.
5) Allow yourself to believe in yourself - as much as others do.
(January 19 - February 17)
1) Say goodbye to relationships that have taken more from you than they've given. Enough.
2) Encourage your friends to do the same.
3) Eliminate any encounter - romantic, professional or familial - that brings negative feelings into your life.
4) Allow real closeness into your life.
5) Let that first New Year's kiss signify the start of a truly intimate partnership.
(February 18 - March 19)
1) Aim to change one thing, in several life departments. Start with your primary relationship, by March.
2) Work on career and professional interactions during August and September.
3) Once fall arrives, let personal matters take a back seat to long-term financial issues.
4) Aim to help a loved one by the end of September.
5) Allow yourself to share secrets you've never shared before - as a holiday gift to your special someone.
In case you were wondering, the top resolution for the Babylonians was to return borrowed farm equipment!