Monday 16 October 2006

Black on pink/purple

Well here is the first artwork i have done that i feel comfortable putting out there - I wanted to try Anchells technique with wet watercolour on wet paper and did that first. Afterwards i sat and stared at it for a while and all i could see to add was this design that i have been doing ever since i was a child. I used to cover pages and pages with these lines. It was my form of doodling. I still love doing it and really wanted to put it on this paper. Usually i covered the whole sheet but this time i really felt to leave a section with just the background showing. So here 'tis

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Far out! That is beautiful jen.
What did you do the lines with?

Jen said...

Hmmm a black pen - i couldnt think what else to use - thought i would stuff it up with a brush. Thank you for your kind comments.
xx

Unknown said...

wow- I can see a figina 'tiki' in there- thats amazing , all those spirals..........did you see my picture of Will ?

we are all so talented......

Kathie said...

It is beautiful, I love the movement created by the lines.

Kathleen xOx

Jen said...

That we are Elizabeth.... that we are!
Thanks all - it takes a bit to put it out there and your positive comments make it worthwhile.

Cyndy said...

Lovely, Jen; 2 of my favourite colours, too..;)

Jen said...

mine too!!!