Tuesday 9 June 2009

My Law

This poem is one I came across several years ago and it continues to speak to my soul. Every now and again someone says or does something that brings it to the front of my mind and I dig it out to re read. I never grow tired of it. I have blogged it before a few years ago now but am prompted to post it again. Maybe it will speak to someone like it speaks to me. It gives me goosebumps.

Lisas post today was what triggered it in my memory.... thanks Lisa, I needed to read this today.

This poem is attributed to being written by a Maouri Warrior (New Zealand) named Tieme Ranapiri. I cannot vouch for the validity of the claim, but who ever it was was incredibly tuned in.

Anyway, here tis...

My Law

The sun may be clouded, yet ever the sun
Will sweep on its course till the Cycle is run.
And when into chaos the system is hurled
Again shall the Builder reshape a new world.
Your path may be clouded, uncertain your goal;
Move on for your orbit is fixed to your soul.
And though it may lead into darkness of night
The torch of the Builder shall give it new light.

You were, you will be, know this while you are;
Your spirit has traveled both long and afar.
It came from the Source, to the Source it returns –
The spark which was lighted eternally burns.
It slept in a jewel, it leapt in a wave.
It roamed in the forest, it rose from the grave.
It took on strange garbs for long eons of years
And now in the soul of yourself It appears

From body to body your spirit speeds on
It seeks a new form when the old one has gone
And the form that it finds is the fabric you wrought
On the loom of the Mind from the fibre of Thought.
As dew is drawn upwards, in rain to descend
Your thoughts drift away and in Destiny blend.
You cannot escape them, for petty or great,
Or evil or noble, they fashion your fate.

Somewhere on some planet, sometime and somehow
Your life will reflect your thoughts of your Now.
My law is unerring, no blood can atone –
The structure you built you will live in – alone.
From cycle to cycle, through time and through space
Your lives with your longings will ever keep pace
And all that you ask for, and all you desire
Must come at your bidding, as flame out of fire.

Once list’ to that Voice and all tumult is done –
Your life is the life of the Infinite One.
In the hurrying race you are conscious of pause
With love for the purpose and love for the Cause.
You are your own devil, you are your own God
You fashioned the path your footsteps have trod.
And no one can save you from error or sin
Until you have hark’d to the Spirit within.
Tieme Ranapiri


OMG - that line..

"And the form that it finds is the fabric you wrought
On the loom of the Mind from the fibre of Thought."

gives me the shivers every time i read it.


Love it!!!

Had a nice day at the course today.

Networked a bit.

All good.

mwa

♥¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´Lotsa luv from
Jen
xoxo

4 comments:

dark wings said...

Beautiful!

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

Incredibly beautiful and entirely true..thank you!

Breeze

Dawn said...

Wow. As I was reading through the poem I kept going back and repeating those two lines as well!
I also love the last few lines :)
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
xxoo
D.

Dave King said...

Mmmm, see what you mean... thought-provoking!