Sunday 21 June 2009

Is it Sunday already.....

Um, yes....

and it is even almost over.. well for this week anyway.


What a week it has been. There has been some ups and some downs. Some light bulb moments and some murky muddy ones.

Cant hope for better than that I guess.

In some ways I have felt like this week was a week to take a breather and a rest from the relentless emotional onslaught that is living with teenagers.

I actually was silly enough to say it out loud, and of course, Murphy heard me and whammo, hit me with a doozy. Its ok though.. I learned something from it and that is a good thing.


I am a little at loose ends going into this week. It is my first week without any work booked in and I am dangling a bit. I want something to keep my head and hands busy (I could do some housework, but hey... lol). I like to have something to think about - even if it is just what may be coming or running through the procedure for some computer task. I know, am weird. Deal with it, lol.

On the other hand, I am super super excited to be able to have some time this week to be CREATIVE. I dont know where to start so I guess that can be my thinking cap for tomorrow.


I have been dabbling in a little bit of creative writing this week. I have 'amused' myself by making little stories up about the plethora of images that get shown in my minds eye. Sometimes I get 'shown' a flash of an image and a feeling, then a story rolls through my head. I have never actually put pen to paper before but this week, for some reason, I did. Often this little 'story' is in response to a question that is asked of me.

Maybe at some point I will feel confident enough to post my 'stories'... maybe...



Just in case you are interested - last week I raved about how incredibly funny Good News Week was with Ross Noble. This evening I looked for the TV guide on Channel 10 website and discovered it on their site and you can watch the full episode online. It is Episode 15 if you are interested and here is a link. Just if you are interested.....


All in all, it has been a very busy, introspective week. I think I will finish off tonight with a gratitude list.

I am so, so, so grateful for -

♥ My bloggie friends. Of course you are on top of my list, where else?? I especially appreciate it that you do come back and read, even if I just ramble on with crap or be absent for days at a time.

♥ I would like to make a special mention of my friends Michelle and Jac who have both given me an award this past week - thank you so much, I will put it up and pass it on within the next couple of days I promise!!

♥ My family. The lessons I have learned and the experience I have gained from being in close proximity to these often challenging individuals has been priceless. Not to mention the huge amount of love and admiration that I have for them and their achievements.

♥ My health. In particular my healthy lungs, which have been smoke free for just on 9 months now. I am grateful to be improving my fitness levels and my body has begun to reflect this change.

♥ Warm blankets and fluffy slippers. Needed on these frosty nights and mornings and all in between. Brrrrr

♥ My sense of humour. Nuff said.

♥ Matchsticks. That are keeping my eyes open right now... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


♥¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´Lotsa luv from
Jen
xoxo

3 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Jen,
what you call todays ramblings or ramblings in general is for me the way how you relfect on yourslef and your environment. Each and every time I am so glad because it reminds me that I should take a breath, think and slow down. Looking more at myself, more in depth, more slow reflecting.
Jen, thanks for your ramblings.
I would love to read one of your stories.
Have a great start into the week.
Paula

Kathie said...

Woohoo for Creativity time!

We need to pencil in a playday for sure!

Natalie said...

Hi love, I went to bed and missed this post. I can relate to most of it. :D

I have some time tomoz after lunch. You?xx♥