Sunday 10 May 2009

Happy mothers day to all my bloggie friends

0h what a day of mixed feelings for me.

I got lovely gifts this morning. Some candles from the school Mothers Day Stall, and a silver bangle that I bought myself. At least that way I get what I want I guess.

For the last couple of years we have gone over to my brothers house for lunch with our mum and my hubby's mum too. My brother is a really good cook and our dinners are always delicious. Most excellent.

So over we went.

I struggled for a little bit re stuff. My mum picked on me a bit. She weilds guilt like a pro that woman. Sigh.

Overall I had quite an introspective day. I had no cooking or preparing to do (did it all yesterday) so had the luxury of being waited on at lunchtime. I spent this time in my head making some more connections and scrubbing out some negative stuff. I had time to think about the effect that my own younger years has had on me and how my own teenagers are reflecting that too. My conclusion here is that I need to find a lot more tolerance for patterns that my girls are repeating of mine. Because this seems to be something that happens quite automatically - I need to remember that they need to learn for themselves and I dont necessarily know or understand the mission or life plan they have in store for them. I am judging by my own set of values etc. I need to stop this and stop it in a hurry. It is not helping anything here.

I am feeling a tad overwhelmed and wonder why I thought I could manage all this. I guess I am managing. Flying by the seat of my pants more like it. My son was absolutely beautiful today. A stray cat (??) has three kittens that came into the yard today. My son and his two cousins (boys) all chose one each and looked after them all day. They fed them and cuddled them. They sat for ages while the kittens slept on their laps. It was really beautiful except for when we had to break the news that we couldnt possibly bring his little 'adopted' kitten home. They were probably 10 or so weeks old and seemed quite well fed and cared for. I dont think they were strays and tried to explain that to my son. Just cause we dont know who the owners were, doesnt mean we could just take one home. Oh the poor little bugger just cried and cried. He was heartbroken. He got over it though, since coming home. So sweet. He is a very thoughtful and caring boy. I am so grateful for him during this period of his sisters being awful.

This has turned into quite a rant and ramble hasnt it.

Sorry for boring you......

OH - yesterday I made a Sticky Date Pudding and Butterscotch Sauce for todays lunch. OMG - YUMMO!!! I will be making that again. Too easy too. Love that.

Anyway, might go and read some blogs and then toddle off to beddy byes....

Love to you all
Jen
xoxo

♥¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´Lotsa luv from
Jen
xoxo

No comments: