Friday 2 February 2007

Well I have survived the first week back to school. I had one big boy go into Year 1 - its very cool not to be the youngest in the school finally - because he went to Young Starters the year before last, he has effectively been in kindergarten for two years running..... very big boy now!!!

One girl also started Year 7, she is in the CAPA class (creative and performing arts), i think the first thing she informed the class was that she is loud. I am so glad that she told them that.... they would NEVER have figured that out for themselves..... hmmmmmm

Another girl into Year 9.... now it all starts to get a bit scary for me... a 15 year old.... in my house.... hmmm .... i can remember being 15..... (note to self - find patience, tolerance and strength before August this year)

I feel that this will be a good year for me. Last year seemed to be a year of reconnecting and mopping up. Getting ready so to speak. Well I am ready now - I have been freed up in so many ways - EXCELLENT. I even read a book yesterday, bliss. Have a project in mind for an artwork for my wall - got inspiration while in the shop Blue Star Elements in Darby St. Love that shop.

Some things on my mind today are:-


  • Should I pursue a career in proof reading books. Am enjoying doing Helen's book.
  • How much it would pay... would it be worthwhile, reading interesting books would be fun, not so fun if the book was boring as batshit.
  • Where is my friend Cindy??? What happened to the blog addiction that she was supposed to have?? Her last post was titled "Bludging".... was that a sign of things to come... COME BACK CINDY!!!
  • How do you console a child who gets a Year 9 elective that she didn't want?? Phone calls to the school has not resolved the matter. This is a course she will now have to do for two years..... Build a bridge??....
  • Why am I so tired all the time?
  • Why does Lisa think the name Jennifer suits me. I think it sounds stuck-up and posh - neither of which i am. I have only been called Jennifer when I am in trouble. Am I in trouble Lisa?? lol

A little while has passed since i started writing this post. The full moon is alive and kicking around here. We had a major meltdown...... Teenage hormones in full swing. Mother hormones in full swing. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Might do a Thelma and Louise. Anyone wanna come???

Will just crawl back into my corner now...

Catch you later....

12 comments:

Bee said...

i will come, but can we leave out the cliff xxx

Jen said...

sure - cliff is out!! Know anyone with a convertible??

Kathie said...

I have a very schmick 1968 Chevy Chevelle in the shed ... would this suffice?

Jen said...

Sounds perfect Kathleen!! When can I pick it up??

Michelle said...

ah but can we all fit in?? I want to be Thelma okay! I can smoke then....

Jen said...

We might have to do it in a bus!!

That sounds like a plan. And the script was re written to include two smokers at least i think 'chell and you can be Thelma if you like.

wykd wytch said...

I want to come too - so definately a BIG BUS!

Michelle said...

excellent

Kathie said...

Excellent!

Unknown said...

I will follow behind in my car........

Cyndy said...

I can supply a 1967 Vauxhall Victor Special..we can watch it go over the cliff if you like....

Hormones suck. I haven't quite worked out why mother''s hormones become shaky around the same time as the teenager's kick in...one of life's little mysteries, I guess..

There's no consoling teenagers about much, really....just adjusting, on every front...

My name's actually Cynthia..And you think Jennifer sounds posh and stuck-up.... Someone once suggested I hyphenate my last names...
Cynthia Thornton-Kavanagh...

HAH!!! I don't think so.....

Michelle said...

I havnt even got a middle name let alone a hyphen......time for a new post Jen!
If I can manage a word a day you can do better than that....MOOOOOOOOOO