The next time you hear someone in government, or big business, rather casually use a number that includes the word 'billion,' think about the actual volume of a 'billion.'A billion is a difficult number to comprehend.
One advertising agency did a rather good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of its releases:
* A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
* A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
* A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age
* A billion days ago no creature walked the earth on two feet.
* But. a billion dollars lasts only 8 hours and 20 minutes at the rate the government spends it.
"Does that help to put it into perspective??