Friday 21 August 2009

a word of encouragement

I have been made aware in the past few days the incredible power of words.  I mean in a positive sense. Am concentrating on that atm.

I had a message left for me.. from a person that I hold in very high esteem. The person left me two words. Those two little words have served to uplift me on umpteen occasions during the past few days. I have felt their power - the power of acceptance and appreciation, the power of friendship and love. Every time the image of them appears in my mind, and that has been often, i smile. And I feel warm in my heart. And each time I feel filled to overflowing with gratitude.

they are incredibly powerful, words. I have always tried to remember this - even before my very much appreciated example, that our words can make or break. They can uplift or drag down. They can make another feel a hundred feet tall, or lower than a pregnant worm.

I sometimes forget though. And wound someone. Not intentionally. not at all.  no no no. Its more just 'thoughtlessness'. which in itself is a very bad thing, but when it hurts someone its even worse.

am off now

off to figure out what and who it is that i have protected myself against.

making a list

enjoy your weekend

I am getting up for the last game of soccer for the season in the morning... go plattsy!!!


♥¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´Lotsa luv from
Jen
xoxo

3 comments:

janis said...

just breathe Jen!
That helps me. I remind myself to "Just Breathe". Those are my two little words that help me every day.

Unknown said...

well, what are the words and who are they from..........

Paula said...

Glad you have someone you spoke the right words at the right time. So we might be related with your ancestors coming from Bavaria. Did you ever look into genealogy? I found it very interesting. My Ex ancestors are form Germany too and I did a lot of research for him, you know the "German" part, found out a lot and could localize the village his ancestors left 1648!
Watch out for yourself and keep the words at heart.
Not that I am not curious about these words........