Sunday 5 July 2015

Belonging...

Such a basic human desire...

To belong to a group. To be an integral, loved and cherished part of a group of people. To love and cherish a group of people as much as you know you are loved and cherished.

Many people find this in their family unit. Some are lucky enough to be blessed with a loving family group plus a group of friends who are also a bonded group. Lots of people feel they are a valued and appreciated at work and find a real sense of belonging due to their job.

Some people find themselves without a 'tribe'. Without a loving, caring, supportive group who form a real cocoon around them. Who have no cocoon. Who have nobody who actually really care, on a tangible scale.

I am finding myself to be one of these people.

I do indeed have some sattelite friends who are very loving towards me. But who have their own lives and their own groups of friends and who only briefly touch on my life occasionally. And without these 'satellite moments', I think I would find myself in more of the depths of despair than i already am.

I am more of an occasional 'honorary member', an onlooker.

Sadly, this often serves to demonstrate to me what I have been missing for most of my life.

As my life goes on, I desperately wish to have my own 'tribe'. A close knit group of friends who are there for each other through thick and thin. Who will be there if someone is not right, even knowing and jumping in when needs be. To feel loved and cherished and even adored is my most deepest desire.



No comments: